PURPOSE & VALUES
All of our actions follow four fundamental principles:
- helping the beneficiaries rather than merely assisting them
- involving the beneficiaries in the project
- favouring local action
- combining non-profit values and professionalism
At the crossroads of culture, informal education and social and solidarity-based education, we combine innovation and interdisciplinarity:
- multidisciplinary dimension (all artistic fields are present)
- cross-sector dimension (the cultural sector helps promote other fields of activity such as education, integration, health, etc.)
- multi-territorial dimension (we adapt our actions to the features of the local and international places we work in)
The notions of involvement and participation are at the heart of Les Têtes de l’Art project.
Participatory governance has been implemented for several years in our organisation. It originates from a state of mind, a shared will to work differently in order to get better results, together. We are convinced that innovation comes from collective intelligence and encourage participation in all our projects and mode of action.
Since our creation, we believe that the strength of our project lies partly in the quality of our
network. Growing and succeeding only makes sense if it goes along with sharing values and actions
within a community. Drawing on this belief, we have created, over time, a strong and diversified
network consisting of individuals and legal entities which fall into four categories connected to one
- A members network: whatever their link with the organisation and the time-span of
their membership, these thousands of members spread and bring to life values which
drive us. They also participate in our development through their contributions.
- A peers network: most of the time, we achieve our project by working in close collaboration with other practised organisations which work in fields related or complementary to ours. It is this shared work that often ensures the quality and durability of our actions.
- A representative bodies network: in the course of time, we have grasped the importance of having our voice and our beliefs heard on a collective and federated scale. Thus, we have got involved in several representative bodies (federations, coordination, non-profit organisations…)
- An institutional network: public as well as private institutions are key actors in our
projects. For all that, we are far from considering them as mere sponsor, we endeavour
to become real partners so that each participant can offer their expertise and their
means in an balanced and respectful relationship.